The Sunday market in Bac Ha is where you’ll want to stock up on water buffalo, pigs and horses. Once you’re all set, you can browse for bottles of local firewater (made from rice, cassava or corn) or handicrafts made by some of the 10 Montagnard groups living near here – Xa Fang, Lachi, Nung, Phula, Thai and Thulao.Bac Ha is a less crowded alternative to Sapa, and arriving midweek makes for a relaxing visit.
5 things we love most about Sapa trekking & Bac Ha market:
- Beautiful and one of a kind market
- Clean rooms
- Remarkable service
- Amazing food
- Affordable low rate
On this trek you will explore the beautiful Sapa valley for two days with a one night at hotel in Sapa. This trip is a wonderful opportunity to touch base with nature, enjoy the mountain landscape and views, feel revived and mingle with the humorous village residents. A lovely genuine Sapa experience.
Day 1: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (11km -13 km trekking, 4-5hour trekking) B,L,D
– Arrive at Lao Cai train station around 5:30 a.m. Tour guide pick you up at train station and take 1 hour van ride uphill to the beautiful town of Sapa.
– Arriving Sapa town, you’ll enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then have a short walk of 5km along mountain trail to visit Y Linh Ho village which is inhabited by black Hmong tribe and completely secluded from tourists, and you are able to embrace raw Sapa culture and community by coming into some native houses to explore their own culture and custom as well as study how the local tribe make handicraft from natural materials such as: hemp, indigo…ect. Next to walking down Muong Hoa River where you can take a rest or swim before trekking uphill to Lao Chai village where your picnic lunch will be served. Finish lunch, continuing to visit the Day and Red Dzao tribes of Tavan village, where is located in the middle of Muong Hoa valley where excellent panoramas of rice terraced fields.
– You’ll be transferred to Sapa Town by car.
Accommodation: 3* Hotel
Day 2: Sapa – Bac Ha Market – Lao cai. B,L,D
7h45-8h00: After breakfast at Hotel, Tour guide’ll pick you up at the hotel transfer to Bac Ha Town let via Lao Cai city.
10h30: Arrive to the market place, right at the most crowded hours. Here, we spend two hours joining the local tribal peoples including Flower H’mong, PhuLa , Black Zao and Tay for the market activities and festive atmosphere. All peoples in their best traditional costume gather every Sunday for shopping, but socializing is of great importance. The cattle and clothing sections are the most interesting until 13.00 and then come the food section where peoples meet, talk, enjoy food and especially drink a kind of locally made corn-wine.
After finishing lunch break in a local restaurant, we leave Bac Ha for half an hour road ride downhill to Trung Do village which is beautifully set in a valley on the eastern bank of the mighty Chay River. And take an hour leisure walk to explore this prosperous village of the Flower Hmong ethnic people who live in large stilt houses andl have maintained well their traditional way of life.
Picked up and transfer 45 km to Lao Cai city, spend half an hour to see trading activities at the border gate and coffee break before transfer to Lao Cai station.
Price Inclusion and Exclusion
- Round trip shuttle bus or private car transfer Lao cai – Sapa – Lao cai
- Shuttle bus or private car transfer along the trip
- English speaking guide
- Accommodation with 01 night at 3* Hotel
- All entranced fees and permission
- Meals (02 breakfast, 02 lunches and 02 dinners)
- Train tickets Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi
- Personal travel insurance and personal expenses
- Other things which are not mentioned above